Wednesday, August 14, 2019

THE THINGS THAT MATTER

When I introduce the videos of the series “Sharing in Video” that I upload on Youtube, I say: “This space where we deal with the things that matter”.

And probably many of you have kept thinking, which are those things that matter?

Well, if you go to Youtube and check my videos I think it won’t be difficult to realize which are those things.

Nevertheless, because each subject that I deal is different and there is not an organic order displayed by the theme, I consider that it is not a bad idea to share with you those issues that I consider relevant.

I know that it could sound like a temerity but once I wrote on Twitter: “Descartes said: ‘I think therefore I exist’ and I say: ‘I feel, therefore I am’”.

For me, it is not the capability of thinking but the capacity of feeling what makes us humans. Because that feeling starts by the capacity to love, which is the base that sustains the very existence of humanity.

Love in all forms and colors. Love, as an essential feeling that unites and communicates people (family, friends, couples, etc.)

The other important thing is peace. Without peace, it is impossible to develop oneself, without peace people live a miserable life. Peace is a gracious state of harmony among humans, a positive relationship that builds confidence, empathy and union.

And because peace is a goal to pursue, war is the antithesis, is the most powerful process of de-humanization. War implies the destruction of a civilization, a culture, an ethnicity, buildings, homes and hundred of thousands men and women, children and the elderly.

I deal also with music and poetry, those expressions of art that I love.

But childhood, youth, health, addiction to drugs, violence, criminality, corruption, the production of video games and movies and their contents, education, humor, values, equality, discrimination, the women, work, faith, forgiveness, communication, honesty, integrity, coherence, reliability, happiness, and the remembrance of those who are no longer with us, all those are things that matter, and those are the issues I deal with.

I choose not to talk about politics because it divides us artificially and tends to create antagonisms sometimes difficult to overcome.

But I can eventually talk about ideologies, particularly those destructive, malignant. Although I also prefer to put this issue aside.

I always try to be helpful, positive, constructive. I am persuaded that I share many of your concerns, because I feel deeply supporting those in need, those who are alone, those who are mourning, and families who struggle to survive, and those who are looking for an employment, and the ones who study with heart and soul hoping to graduate and to have a profession.

As you see, the things that matter are the things that emerge of being living and all that it implies.

I do deeply appreciate your kindness to read me or to see my videos, and I hope that the material I elaborate could be really useful to you.

Big thanks! 



Milton W. Hourcade










No comments:

Post a Comment