Thursday, July 26, 2018

THE ACCELERATION OF TIME


I know you will tell me that it is only a psychological matter.
That our beloved Earth is rotating as always and that nothing has physically changed.
But, don't we have the sensation that the year goes faster than decades before? Maybe it is because we are very busy or busier than before too.
Nevertheless, being a retiree, I can also have this feeling of the acceleration of time.
Hours, days, months come and go quickly.
Here in the USA, we are in July and already are telling the people to buy things for the celebration of Christmas!
We would like to do a myriad of things and we conclude that we are unable to accomplish our wishes and that the time escapes as sand from our hands.
We would like to be more productive but the number of things to do is such that we succumb to the impossible.
Quite frankly, I share this with you because this is what I feel.
Maybe you feel differently, or maybe you agree with me.
I would like to know.
In the meantime --of course-- I try to do my best and as much as I can. I know that I am in a kind of race against time.
At my age, I have not the luxury of those fortunate who are only 20 years old. I cannot postpone things.
Therefore I am obliged to prioritize, and that is what I am doing.
Besides, there are initiatives that demand to have contacts, key people in key positions who can help you. And sometimes --as is my case-- you lack that.  Or you have to have the knowledge of how to reach your goal of going through certain channels, but you have to research and investigate before you make contact with them.
All in all, time is ticking and I still have to do a lot of important things. I hope to be able to share them with you.
Milton W. Hourcade
Texts protected by copyright
 

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment