Sunday, November 18, 2018

TROUBLED, AND NOT.

     

I envy those people who ignore, who do not understand, who do not worry for transcendent things, for the country in which they live, for children and youth, for all humanity.

In their ignorance, they are happy. Their problems are of small stature and are at close range.

I'm not like that.

It worries me to see how is the country where I was born.

I worry about how things are going in the country where I live.

And I'm worried about the international scene, what governments, leaders, etc. do

I can not help it, it's part of me, of how I am.
 Maybe that's why I practiced journalism, and that's why for 44 years I worked in that area. And I feel that I'm still a journalist because that one takes it inside. That I am a witness but also comment the reality.

But ... I also need and require personal balance, inner peace, moments of fecund rest, affection, hugs, kisses, family, friends, sympathy, support, encouragement.

We all need it, simply because we are human.

That's why I share this with you.

So that you know, so that you agree -I hope so- and that you try to live each day by extracting from it as much as possible, but without stress, staying calm at the worst moment, without asking the body more than what it can give, respecting the natural limitations that one could have.
 At the end of everything, the feelings constitute the area of ​​the encounter, of understanding, of the pleasure of being together, of sharing this world that we have to inhabit here and now.

As a mankind, I think we are centuries away from maturing. We are just some hurried teenagers, irascible, fighters, lustful, fearful and hypocritical.
We live in a confrontation with nature to which we consider until today an element to exploit and plunder, instead of respecting it, to feel united to it in such a way to harmonize.

Our buildings are an aberration. Our technology disassociated from moral values ​​only makes things easier, but also facilitates crime, destruction, and death.

We have mistaken the way. There will be a time when we start again, from an almost zero, with a devastated, destroyed humanity.

Or maybe migrating to other planets we’d find our true raison d'etre and a philosophy of life totally different from the current one.

The most we can aspire today is to have a private corner of our existence, where no one can put their noses, and where we can freely rescue much of the happiness to which we are entitled and we deserve.

 At the title.


Milton W. Hourcade
 

No comments:

Post a Comment