Wednesday, September 5, 2018

THAT BROWN T-SHIRT


Today I dressed in a brown T-shirt, and while I was wearing it I remembered other brown T-shirt that I no longer have.

Remembering, lead me to a time and place. It was a Friday in September, eight years ago, when I was surrounded by the Teotihuacán pyramids.

I can’t describe properly the impact that the place had on me, its magnificence, the archeological value that stays there as a silent witness of a gone civilization.

It is an extended place where among many relics stand out the pyramids of the Sun and the Moon.

The air blew strong and suddenly the sky that was sunny turned totally covered by dark clouds and water was pouring in torrents.

I was with a Mexican woman who then, was a good friend of mine, and my guide at the place. We run to get refuge under the tent of one of the merchants there. After a little while, the heavy rain and the clouds went away. The sky was blue again, the sun was shining, and we returned to the big place.

Later we shared lunch at a very typical place. It was really good, and we celebrated the occasion with tequila.

We returned to Mexico City and then gave each other a hug as a farewell.

Once at the hotel, when I took out my T-shirt I could smell the very nice perfume she has left on it.

The following day  I returned to my home in Virginia. 

When I've got that T-shirt to wash it, I could still smell that delicious perfume!  In a certain way, it sent me back to the moments spent in Mexico.

They were really some of the happiest moments of my life.


Milton W. Hourcade 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment