Monday, May 14, 2018

MY TRIBUTE TO THE MOTHERS


To be a mother a woman has to have courage.

A woman is not a mother just for giving birth to a child. She starts being a mother since she wants to have offspring.

A woman becomes a mother when the alternative of abortion is rejected, and the pregnancy continues.

She is a mother during those nine precious months when a new human being is developing in her womb.

She is a post-partum mother, when the milk of her breasts is the most precious food that the child can receive.

She is a mother all her life, giving herself for and for her children, in health care, in attention to their education, in providing clothes and food, in giving them a decent roof as a home and, above all, in transferring essential human values to them: truth, honesty, self-effort, study, work.

She is a mother being constantly attentive to any problem, situation and need of their children.

She is a mother, even when the circumstances of her life leave her alone, with extreme sacrifice for her children; trying not to neglect her home, but having to work many hours away from it, in order to maintain the essential sustenance of them and their own.

Thanks to Being-Itself, this description fits fully to the vast majority of women who are mothers.

No matter the age of her children. If the arrival of grandchildren or great-grandchildren makes her heart happy, the mother, that mother, will always feel for her children the same immense love and will always see them as their little ones. She will always have a wise guiding word for life. She will always want the best for them.

As a son, my gratitude is eternal for my mother, to whom I owe a great part of who I am, in my formation in the family, in my values, in a way of being.

I know how well she looked after my brother and me. I know very well of her sacrifices and sleeplessness, of her quiet suffering at times, and of her joy and happiness as she see us grow and see us progress in life.

I wish for all to have a mother like mine was: courage and heart.

When Mother's Day was celebrated on May 10, I felt the need to say something about it, and to make this my tribute to the mothers.


Milton W. Hourcade
Texts protected by Copyright
 

No comments:

Post a Comment